Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bye Bye Christmas

First I must apologize for being so late on this.  Most of you have likely had your Christmas stuff put away for days (weeks?). But I am just so excited about my new pack away Christmas plan that I had to share it.

Let me tell you my normal routine.  Sometime after the New Year, I walk around the house and gather every single Christmas item and bring it to my dining room.  Once I've double checked that I haven't missed anything, I put it all in boxes, and store it in my basement.  The boxes are labelled of course and I try to put similar things together...garland in one box, ornaments in another...you get the idea.  Often I am so sick of it that I just stuff it all in with no particular order.  But this year, it HIT me.  An idea that I am in love with and DUH, why on earth did I not do this before?  I am sure you are all doing it this way but just in case...here it is...

THIS YEAR I STORED ALL MY CHRISTMAS DECOR BY ROOM!!!

All my living room and dining room stuff is in one box.  Kitchen stuff in another.  Den...one box. My 3rd floor is all together.  Next year I will not have to pull items out and wonder..."Now where was this hanging last year?"  I will be able to decorate one room at a time without having a huge mess of unpacked boxes all over my dining room.  I will not have to dig through box after box looking for one item.

Now, admittedly, I do own a lot of Christmas decor...but this idea works no matter how extensive your collection.  All you have to do is adjust your box size.  Or, package two rooms in one box.

So, if your stuff is safely away till next season, just tuck this tip away and give it a whirl next year. Thanks for letting me share my glee!

1 comment:

  1. It was fun getting to help you with your new plan a bit and learn and watch the expert at work! xoDarla

    ReplyDelete