Sunday, July 10, 2011

News, Tears and Moving On

I have news...
  
Thanks to my fab friend Ellen, my blog now has a GADGET.  It's over there on the left and if you want to receive my new blog posts via email, all you have to do is put your address in and presto!  Cool huh?  And don't forget if you are out there reading this but have not logged in as a follower, I'd love to have you join and see your teeny picture down there at the bottom!  


And now the tears.

This is what our house looks like today:



Our deck, sunroom and front porch have been removed.  Endless hours of work have gone into preparing it for the big day.  In several days it will be sitting 2 feet up in the air. 

As you can imagine, things are not terribly pretty in there.
  


But for now I will take a deep breath and look forward to a time when I can show you some exciting after shots.


I did shed a few tears as I left my sweet house a little note though...




Moving on, I thought we'd cheer up by talking about an crazy easy way to give a room or piece of furniture a big new look.  KNOBS!! 

Soon I will be visiting one of my favourite stores, Anthropologie.  A year ago I bought 30 knobs there and redid my entire kitchen.  I am still in love with them.  They gave the room a really different look.

Before

After

I got a dresser for baby girl's room a bit ago and after paint, added these:

knob can look cute as hook too.
Apron hanger in kitchen.

Baby Girl's room.

Lee Valley has a huge selection of knobs.  You might find some in the Michael's cheapie bins too.  Or any home store.  Have a look around.  It's an easy, quick redo that gives you a fun update!  (And you can always sell your old knobs on Kijiji!!)

1 comment:

  1. I will miss your sweet house too, this summer but look forward to many fun times in the newly lifted, expanded house! xoD

    ReplyDelete