Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day 16 ~ Cook Books

One of the best decisions I ever made in the organizing department was to donate all my cook books.  I used to have a bunch.  They took up all sorts of space.
And now?
I have this.



The thing was, I'd use 3 recipes from one book, 2 from another, and in a huge stack of books maybe only 20 or 30 pages were actually ever getting looked at.  
So one summer I made it my project to write out all my favourite recipes on cards.
I colour coded various categories.



And now this is the amount of space my recipes take up.  I have some loose papers in there - recipes I've printed off the internet or ripped from magazines.  When I have some spare minutes I'll write them on cards too.  I have lots of extra cards so that I can keep on adding new recipes whenever I need to.


To read more posts from my 31 Day series click 

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed following you along in your challenge so far! Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Leibster Award http://www.cherryblossomlove.com/2012/10/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete