Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Day 3 ~ Shag Rugs

Oh how I love a shag rug.  They are the greatest dirt hiders ever!  I keep one at both of our entrances to soak up water and hide dirt.  Don't you hate that dance you do at someone's door when you are trying to balance amidst melted snow and muck to get your boots on?  Not to mention trying not to get your hostess' floor messed up!  The rug solves all.

One at the front...


and one at the back.
I actually added an extra little guy right at the door to save the big rug from the worst of the dirt.  Easier to replace a doormat than a big rug.


I keep them well vacuumed to rid them of dirt and once in awhile they get a good shake outside.  Be sure to choose colours that will hide muddy prints!

To see other posts from my 31 Day series click
here.

3 comments:

  1. Good idea! I have rugs at both entries but have not thought about having huge ones like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this idea. It's so nice when functional and practical are combined with beautiful! But we have hardwood floors. Wondering how shag rugs would work instead of traditional door mats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our floors in the front entrance are also hardwoods...although they are old so certainly not in pristine condition. I've found the rug works great though and gives people enough room to come in and stand. I used to have a runner and everyone would sort of balance on it trying not to step off. :)

      Delete