Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 2 ~ Vignettes

 What is a vignette you might ask?  
It's basically a visually pleasing grouping of items on a side table, or mantel or coffee table...wherever.  
My mom makes sweet little vignettes all over the place.
Here's one on her window sill.



 Growing up surrounded by well placed decorative pieces definitely helped me realize that I like to have special stuff displayed around the house.  It's fun to be able to switch things around as the mood hits me or when seasons change.



While you can certainly google up a how-to on creating them...really nothing will help you more than practice.
Flip through some magazines.  
Search them out.



Then start trying your own around the house.

Better Homes and Gardens

Have you ever tried to create a vignette in your home?

To read other posts from my 31 Day series click here.

4 comments:

  1. I love all the pretty vignettes you always have around your house!

    xoD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you are honouring Mom this month in your blog. I'm sure I will cry once or twice as the month goes on! What a special person she is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it!! It's fun to look around at all her ideas and realize what I've taken away...
      xoS

      Delete