Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Day 23 ~ Faux Flowers

I know many of you are quite apprehensive about using fake flowers.  
And yep, they can be pretty ugly.
But growing up I realized, as I watched my mom using them here and there, that you really can create some pretty artificial arrangements.

These yellow daisies are fake...but my mom added a few real white ones.



Hydrangeas are my favourite and look so pretty.



I always use a few faux geraniums in the summer.



This bunch is from Michael's and I have had several guests mistake them for real wildflowers.


It pays to shop around and you certainly have to be choosy, but faux flowers are a great way to bring colour and life to your space when the real thing just isn't available.

Do you have a favourite faux flower?

To read more posts from my 31 Day series click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment