Monday, September 14, 2015

Back to School: Handling Administrative Duties

The sudden onslaught of forms to read and fill out is probably my biggest school stress.  
Four kids, four times the paper.

Here are a few things I'm doing this year to help stay on top of things:

1.  I changed up our calendar.

Before
After



I used to use the family sized Costco calendar but I was sick of it and really wanted a spot to keep forms or notes that are pending (and I hate papers on the fridge).  So I stuck up some cork and downloaded a free calendar off the internet, tacked it up and left myself plenty of space for attaching items we need to remember...like youth group permission forms and money.  The calendar still has enough room to keep track of everyone's schedule.

2.  I created an administration drawer.



I emptied out a drawer that was not being well used and gathered up every possible supply we need when we are filling out forms.  
-cheque book
-cash
-highlighter
-envelopes
-cards
-zip locks
-sticky notes
-stapler
-tacks

The list will vary between families but there is nothing more annoying than having to run from room to room just to get a field trip permission form filled out.

3.  Now that everything is in one spot, I will be getting the kids to fill in their own forms.  Why on earth am I writing out their health numbers when they are fully capable and when it is great training for them?!  (Oooo!  I'm going to add a paper with their health numbers on it into that drawer!)

4.  We empty our school bags every day as soon as we enter the house.  Papers are gathered and dealt with immediately.  The longer we wait, the more likely it is we will forget or lose something.

What ever will I do with all my free time now?


No comments:

Post a Comment